Wednesday, August 22, 2007

2007 First Day of School


I saw this picture and was looking closely at Raquelle's hair and remembered last year's first day of school. I went and woke the girls up that morning and noticed something in Raquelle's hair. Upon close examination I saw that it was silly putty. She has a hard time going to sleep and always has something in her bed to play with, but I didn't know she had got silly putty. That was a new one, I knew how to get gum out, but silly putty. I got hot water and got most of it out, but it wouldn't curl where the silly putty was and it was all greasy.

The morning went well after that. I took the girls to class, Kamrie had Mrs. Carter and she was so excited. Raquelle had Mrs. Norton and was excited, but Nellie had Mrs. Allred and she was a little nervous because Raquelle was not in her class and neither were the friends from preschool.

So after school I went and talked to the principal because I could tell Nellie was going to be a different little, unhappier person if I didn't get them in the same class. He said let's give it until the end of the week, school started on a Wednesday so it was only a couple of days. The next day I went to pick them up and Danielle had been changed to Mrs. Norton's class. I guess the principal had talked to Mrs. Allred and she had noticed her being sad and lost too. I am so thankful for that, I think Nellie would have been a different person if I hadn't. Don't get me wrong I think Mrs. Allred is wonerful, but I could just see they needed to be together.







No comments: